Thursday, March 25, 2010

Singing a Seed Song

I have been so engaged with life that I haven't had much time to write about it!

In the past month, I have:
~ made two trips to New York
~ visited the Egyptian exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum
~ attended some of the U.N. Commission on the Status of Women, the UN-NGO Beijing +15Forum and some of the parallel events
~ had dental surgery to extract a tooth and recovered from an infection
~ attended the launch of the North American Women of Faith Network and the Women of Faith Leadership Summit
~ worked in my garden, kissed my dogs and taken long walks
~ given the keynote address at the Southern California Gather the Women event to celebrate International Women's Day
~ scheduled trips to visit colleges with my son in April and join my sisters for our annual Sister Retreat in June
~ read some brilliant poetry, worked on a painting and listened in on some incredible wisdom
~ revised a couple websites, launched a blog and answered hundreds of e-mails
~ soaked up the rich collective energy of the Kalliopeia Foundation's 'Emergence' event.

At the sunrise fire ceremony at the Kalliopeia gathering, Lorraine Kahneratokwas Gray from New Mexico sang a Seed Song. She explained how in her indigenous tradition, women would sing to the seeds to help them awaken and remember.

I am singing to my seeds.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Hello,

This is Kahneratokwas. I sang a seed song at the Kalliopeia gathering in San Fransisco. It is nice to hear that our sacred song made an impression on you. Nia:wn Ko:wa!