Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Women are Converging in New York

Tomorrow I will be joining the streams of women converging on New York for the events and gatherings clustered around the annual session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women. Thousands of women will be coming from all over the world to listen and learn, to exchange information and ideas, to plan collaborative action, to develop new relationships and celebrate with old friends.

My own calendar is ripe with everything from small circle gatherings to large UN events. I will be connecting with Millionth Circle, Ways Women Lead, the Global NGO Forum: Beijing +15, the Women of Faith Leadership Summit and attending the 54th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women as a delegate of Pathways to Peace.

A friend asked me this morning: What is your intention? It's a good question ... and my answer is that my intention is to listen and learn more about the larger pattern of women's leadership in these challenging times.

And to enjoy lots of laughter and hugs.

No comments: