Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Powerful New Year

It seems a few reflections are appropriate as I approach the end of 2009:

~New Year's Eve is a going to be a powerful moment. Not only does it mark the end of the year but also the end of a decade that for most us has been a wild ride. When I look at photos from the 2000 New Millenium Party that I co-hosted with a dozen other neighborhood moms for our families, I glimpse a more innocent world ... before the morning of 9/11 when those falling towers awakend us all to new dangers and called many of us into urgent service on behalf of a more compassionate future.

~ December 31 is also a Blue Moon Lunar Eclipse, what Patricia Cota-Robles describes as "the most significant New Year we have experienced since our fall from Grace millions of years ago. " I don't know about you, but that sentence certainly got my attention. I am ready for all the Grace I can get.

~My experiences at the Parliament of the World's Religions are still fresh in my mind. I felt us ease into a new age during that week in Melbourne: I believe the women are now ready to bring their wisdom, skill and compassionate leadership to the world and I believe the world is now ready to welcome those gifts.

I invite you to join me in dreaming BIG tomorrow as you toast the new year.

No comments: