Monday, November 30, 2009

Heading for Australia

In a couple hours I leave for LAX to begin my journey to Melbourne and the Parliament of the World's Religions. My bag is packed full of ribbons and buttons and poems and images to enrich our event there: A Creative Exploration of the Sacred Feminine.

I think I am ready, though I have come to recognize these last few hours before departure as the 'awkward hours', ripe with conflicting feelings. I am excited to be going and reluctant to leave home ... looking forward to spending this time in the company of some great women and keenly aware of how much I will miss my family and my dogs ... committed to being present in the moment and yet drawn strongly into the future.

A friend said to me at dinner last week "The operational task of our tribe is to bring more credibility to uncertainty, to bring more legitimacy to ambiguity. It is not flawed; it is a place of empowerment." I had to write that down.

And I am living in that place of ambiguity at this moment.

No comments: