Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Wait is Not Long

I spent the weekend in the California desert at a painting workshop, creating an image of the divine feminine. As the U.S. economy continued to fall apart ... as the political polarity of this election grew more intense and parked itself in the middle of so many life-long relationships .... as weird hurricanes battered Canada and weird heat baked southern California reminding all of us that climate change is real ... I chose to spend my time with other women in meditation and creation and spiritual retreat.

This was not a choice to bury my head in the sand and avoid the complex realities of our rapidly changing world. In fact, it was exactly the opposite. It was a way for me to reconnect with my own natural spiritual authority and to build inner strength for the times ahead. It was a time to remember who I am and why I committed to be here at this amazing time. It was a space in which inspiration and hope were magnified, absorbed and integrated. It was a reminder that the new paradigm begins with my own daily practice of compassion, forgiveness and love -- and that this gentle practice is indeed one of the most demanding and challenging things I will ever do.

Our group gathered on Sunday afternoon to study each painting and to speak into the circle what She was speaking. I fell in love with my painting, feeling both calmed and stimulated by her message "The wait is not long." She sang to me the words of an old country rock song, "Don't be thinking that I don't want you, cuz baby I do."

Nothing feels more important than my faith that all is unfolding exactly as it should be and that a new world is emerging as each of us steps empty-handed into the void. I have work to do and you have work to do and we all fit perfectly together as part of one intricate and sacred plan.

No comments: